Friday, February 22, 2008

Howdy Doody Time (weirdo compilation)

Here’s a two disc comp I made of red-neck country western, swamp music, Las Vegas pump ‘n’ grind, demented garage punk, 50’s trash, greasy soul, demented novelty songs, weirdness, and all interlaced with a healthy dollop of sleazy drive-in movie trailers.

This music was compiled from compilation albums such as Wavy Gravy, Four Hairy Policemen, Cough Mixture For Elvis Impersonators, Psycho Serenade, Bent Batty And B’Noxious, Forbidden City Dog Food as well as a few others.
Disc One:
  1. Howdy Doody Time – What Time Is It?
  2. The Trashmen - Surfin’ Bird
  3. The Elite - One Potatoe
  4. Mickey Lee Lane - Shaggy Dog
  5. Moses Longpiece - Slide Her Under The Door
  6. The Graveyard 5 - The Marble Orchard
  7. Poets – Dead
  8. Dr Cough – Pot Party
  9. Wendell Austin – LSD
  10. Jimmy Curtis - Psychedelic Situation
  11. Porter Waggoner - Rubber Room
  12. The Saxons - Draggin’ Around
  13. Marlins - Let Down
  14. The Juveniles - Bo Diddley
  15. Mickey And The Clean Cuts – Soapy
  16. Groundhog Richardson - Take It Off
  17. Jim Pipkins - Chew Tobacco Rag
  18. Paul Wibier – Satan
  19. Martin Mull - Santa Doesn’t Cop Out On Dope
Disc Two:
  1. William Castle - A Warning!
  2. King Horror - Loch Ness Monster
  3. The Leather Boy - On The Go
  4. Jefferson County - City Billy
  5. Kenny Henkle’s Friends - The Bee
  6. Sebastian Peabody - Grave In The Desert
  7. Headliners - Voodoo Plan
  8. Pat Bone - Clinkerated Chimes
  9. Bob Ridgely - She Was A Mau Mau
  10. Lou Millet - Slip, Slip, Slippin’ In
  11. Johnny Buckett - Hippy In A Blunder
  12. Alt Take - Purple Haze
  13. Frantics - The Whip
  14. Lion And The Leprechauns - Mouse Trap
  15. The Riddler - The Riddler
  16. Barn’n’Jess - Banjo Stomp
  17. Nervous Norvus - Wild Dogs Of Kentucky
  18. Harmonica Frank Floyd - Swamp Root
  19. Red River Dave - The California Hippy Murders
This compilation has been posted here.

18 comments:

Spencer said...

hey there do you have any of these Psycho Serenade, Bent Batty And B’Noxious, Forbidden City Dog Food at all??

Mr. B.Normal said...

Yeah, I do, but they're all packed away. I work overseas and they're all packed away back home.

Pedro Homero said...

I love this compilation! IT took me a while to listen to it (too.much.music!) but it was worth the wait, what a blast! Thanks a lot for your work, effort and kindness in sharing!

ric said...

hello!

thanks for the compilation.... it is amazing, i'm hooked to this track "Poets – Dead" but i can't find any more info on the net about them... probably because these two words are too generic for a google search... could you tell us something more about them?... discography, etc....


Thanks again!

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi Ric,

I don't know anything about the Poets except that the song was taken from a sleazy 50's trash compilation called Sin Alley 4. The album didn't come with any notes, so I couldn't tell you anything.

Sin Alley is distributed and I think maybe compiled by Crypt Records:

http://www.cryptrecords.com/

The guy who runs Crypt Records is an avid collector, so I'm sure if you email him, he might be able to help.

Let me know if you find out anything.

schizma said...

Hi Mr. B.Normal


"Howdy Doody Time (weirdo compilation)" DISC ONE & DISC TWO are not available. Could you reupload it? Thanks in advance :)


Cyrill

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi Cyrill,

Sorry, I don't have these files available, so it will have to wait for a day when I get around to re-ripping it again.

Ed

schizma said...

Thanks, Ed. I will wait impatiently :)

Cyrill

henryliamcollins said...

Hello, these sound great and I would really love to hear this. Could you re-upload them please? best wishes, Henry

Mr. B.Normal said...

I'll try to do it this weekend if I can get the time. I don't have the original files any more, so I'll need to re-rip it again.

Mr. B.Normal said...

The links have now been updated.

Dylan said...

the link is dead again -- any chance you could reupload it? Thanks!!

Mr. B.Normal said...

Thanks for letting me know. I'll re-upload it at the weekend.

Mr. B.Normal said...

It's now been re-uploaded. Enjoy!

disconnected22 said...

I can't get anywhere usujbg mega...is there a password? Another file host, maybe?

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi, It looks like those files have been deleted from Mega. I'll re-upload them to another file host. Thanks for letting me know.

disconnected22 said...

Can you upload again?

Mr. B.Normal said...

Thanks for letting me know. The links have now been updated.