Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hipshakers Vol. 10


If you bought and enjoyed the compilations Le Beat Bespoke Volumes 1 and 2 by the New Untouchables, then you’ll probably enjoy this compilation by New Untouchables head man Rob Bailey. This is Volume 10 of his 10 volume series which he privately sold on cassette tape prior to releasing the CDs. Actually, this volume was the only one of the series which he put out on CD-R. Like the Le Beat Bespoke compilations, it’s a mix of mod, garage, psych, freakbeat, blue-eyed soul, and is very good for any foot–tappin’ party. This is my favorite volume of the series.

The original CD-R only played as two tracks so I’ve split them all up into their individual tracks so as to make it a bit more user-friendly. Sorry about the black and white cover as my copy is a photocopy of a friend’s.

N.B. I see there will soon be a volume 3 of Le Beat Bespoke.

Hipshakers Vol. 10

1. Intro
2. Fire & Ice – Mirrors
3. Vanity Fare – Megowd
4. Sweet Smoke – Mary Jane is to Love
5. Plastic Penny – It’s a Good Thing
6. Los Gatos Negros – You Took Your Love
7. Jackie Lomax – Little Yellow Pill
8. The Kool – Step Out of Your Mind
9. Claude Fancois – Serre-moi, Griffe-mo
10. Dick Wagner & the Frosts – Sunshine
11. Thane Russell – If I Were a Carpenter
12. The Roundtable – Eli’s Comin’
13. Willie Hobbs – On the Move
14. Frankie Newsome – Don’t Miss With My Lovemaker
15. Joe Jeffery – The Train
16. Tom Jones – Looking Out My Window
17. Gene Latter – Holding a Dream
18. Krimson Kake – Waiter
19. Joy Unlimited – Feelin’
20. Chopper – Think I’m a Man
21. Focal Point – Sycamore Sid

Part one and two.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for this post ,great stuff.

beastie said...

ergh, there is a mistake in the zip file, track 11 is faulted and the archive is not closed, therefore can not extract it. Can you check and re-up? would be great. thanks and respect.

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi Beastie,

I've just downloaded it and there wasn't a problem. Gice it another go and it might work.

Anonymous said...

wow this is a great compilation!!!!!!!! I also love the beat bespoke serie!

Do you know were I can find the other hipshaker volumes?

Love your blog

Greetings from belgium

J.

Mr. B.Normal said...

I have the whole series. If I get the chance, I'll try and post Volume 1 at the weekend.

Anonymous said...

THX ! can't wait !

Just downloaded the fictional soundtrack 'Big Black And Hairy'.

also very good.

this blog just made my week!

cheers
J.

lologalan said...

Great music from a great blog.
Big thanks for all the amazing album posted. I discovered great stuff because of your blog.
Regards from Spain!

Bill said...

Downloaded vols 1-10. Phew! I`m looking forward to this! Thank you SO much for the share/

muji said...

oh noes... part 1 isn't on MediaFire anymore. can you re-up?

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi Muji,

Thanks for letting me know. Luckily I still had the file, so I've re-uploaded it.

Ed

muji said...

thanks Ed!

Anonymous said...

shoosh. these compilations are right up my street. great blog. glad ive found you thanks for the sheer joy!