Thursday, December 25, 2008

Coldcut Solid Steel 21/8/93


Here’s my final Coldcut Solid Steel. This one is hosted by Matt Black and Jonathan Moore and is an incomplete show. When I originally transferred it from the tape I also edited out some of the chat because I thought there was too much.

Broadcast: Kiss FM, 21st August, 1993

Thanks again to Harbour for the set list:

1. Retravibe Movement - The Big Cheese Sound (Phat Vibes)
2. Wizards of Ooze - Doodahdip (Backbone)
3 & 4 Atypic - Focus Mel (Warp)
5. The Black Dog – Parallel
6. Balil – Flux (Rising High)
7. Negativland - The Perfect Cut (SST)
8. Producers For Bob - Everything's Disappeared (Steinski's Warehouse Mix)
9. Henryk Górecki – Lento E Largo - Tranquillissimo (Nonesuch)
10. Loop Guru - Paradigm Shuffle (Bird Of Paradise) (Nation)
11. Tranquility Bass - Mya Yadana (Caroline)
12. unknown ethnic house
13. Delroy & Ken - Won't You Come Home (Studio One)
14. John Holt - A Love I Can Feel (Trojan)
15. The Pioneers – Jackpot (Trojan)

Part One is here and Part Two is there

4 comments:

harbour said...

Thanks as always, finally did setlist!
1. Retravibe Movement - The Big Cheese Sound (Phat Vibes)
2. Wizards of Ooze - Doodahdip (Backbone)
3 & 4 Atypic - Focus Mel (Warp)
5. The Black Dog – Parallel
6. Balil – Flux (Rising High)
7. Negativland - The Perfect Cut (SST)
8. Producers For Bob - Everything's Disappeared (Steinski's Warehouse Mix)
9. Henryk Górecki – Lento E Largo - Tranquillissimo (Nonesuch)
10. Loop Guru - Paradigm Shuffle (Bird Of Paradise) (Nation)
11. Tranquility Bass - Mya Yadana (Caroline)
12. unknown ethnic house
13. Delroy & Ken - Won't You Come Home (Studio One)
14. John Holt - A Love I Can Feel (Trojan)
15. The Pioneers – Jackpot (Trojan)

Mr. B.Normal said...

Many thanks for the set list!

bobkin said...

Not sure if anyone will see this, cant see an email addy either, but anyway.....

couldnt find anywhere better to post this so here it is. I have in my possession what I still consider to be the best kiss fm session ever, even after years of collecting and listening to the ones still remaining. I hope this is not already available elsewhere (but if it is id like to know where so I can hear the missing bit).

Id moved to the south coast and reception wasnt the best but still is very listenable, just the odd shuush here and there. Im not sure of the exact date just that it was maybe around '94 give or take a year.

I have no idea what the set list is, just the commentary (digidub set etc). Its almost all music rather than talking like some earlier shows, but at one point coldcut can be heard commenting about presenting the show on a submarine microphone.


ok enough waffle from me, ill end here with a quote from the man himself:

"lash yourself a large one together, hold onto your ears, let your feet do the talking"

http://www.mediafire.com/?jx6jig63b5y3kb8

Mr. B.Normal said...

Hi Bobkin,

Many thanks for the Coldcuts! I haven't listened to it fully yet, but skimming through it sounds really good.

When I get a minute, I'll create its own post.

Thanks again!