Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hipshakers Vol. 1


Finally, the first volume in the series of music for 60’s hipsters. Includes mod, garage, psych, freakbeat and blue-eyed soul. Compiled by New Untouchables head man Rob Bailey and sold privately on cassette tape.

01. Outsiders – Touch
02. The Shadows of Knight – Shake
03. John Lee Hooker – She's Mine
04. Slim Harpo – Boogie Chillen
05. Lowell Fulsom – Tramp
06. Grant Green – Sookie Sookie
07. Herbie Hancock – Bring Down The Birds
08. Shotgun Express – Curtains
09. James Brown – Ssh For A While
10. R Jones – A Little Bit A Pretty One
11. Harvey – Anyway You Wanna
12. Wilson Picket – Baby Don't You Weep
13. Bobby Bland – 362236
14. Oscar Brown Jnr – Hundrum Blues
15. Archie Bell – Tighten Up
16. Herbie Goins – Yield Not To Temptation
17. Buddy Miles Express – Memphis Train
18. The Truth – Hey Gyp.
19. The Poets – That's The Way It's Got To Be
20. Shots – Keep A Hold of What You've Got
21. Jimmy Winston – Sorry She's Mine
22. Chicago – I'm A Man
23. Dyke and the Blazers – We Got More Soul
24. Dave "Baby" Cortez – Soul Groovin'

This compilation can be found posted here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

much thanks for this series,they are ace,I have put them in one huge file on my phone and spend my days in a groovy state, cruisin' the streets of London with a hip step in my walk,nice,ta again,stu

Anonymous said...

what should I be looking forward to, now that all Hipshakers have been downloaded ;-) THANKS A LOT AGAIN!!!

Mr. B.Normal said...

I have a few volumes from a series called the 13th Dimension. They are fairly similar to the Hipshakers series with some cross over, but with slightly less soul and a bit more psych.

They are sold privately on CDR by a 60's shop in Leeds, England:

http://www.13oclock.co.uk/cds.htm

I think I have about five volumes, so I could post them in the coming weeks (not next week, though).

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for all the effort! I really enjoyed the hipshakers series.

So to show you how thankful I am ... here's a rare album I got from a friend who also enjoys great music. I'm sure only a few people have it. I hope you enjoy it!

va - Holding A Dream - 20 Freak, Sike & Early Prog Winners

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6D3D9EL0

I'm looking forward to the next post ! ! !

Mr. B.Normal said...

Thanks for the album! I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Cheers mate, these compilations are superb!!